Rook Irwin Sweeney LLP has quickly developed a strong specialism in public law and human rights matters. – Legal 500, 2023
Human rights law protects your fundamental rights, including the right to life, the right to a private and family life, the right to liberty, and the right to be free from discrimination.
We’ve acted in many of the leading human rights cases of the last decade and so we know how lives can be changed when your human rights aren’t respected. We have relied on Human Rights law in a wide range of cases, including:
- challenging decisions to close care homes and other public services.
- ensuring that disabled children receive the care they need from their Local Authority and/or the NHS
- ensuring that government consultations are provided in an accessible format
- challenging discrimination against disabled people in Local Authority planning decisions
- challenging decisions to restrict contact between a person who lacks mental capacity, and a member of their family
- challenging deprivation of liberty authorisations
These are just a few examples. If you’ve been affected by a decision or failure by the government, a local authority, the NHS or regulators, we can advise on the solutions available to you.
Want to contact us?
If you would like further information about the services we provide or to contact us about a case, we’re here.