Health and Social Care
Many people rely on vital support from their local authority or the NHS to meet their health and social care needs. If things go wrong, we’re here to help.
We’ve acted in many of the leading health and social care cases over the last decade, having taken cases to secure our clients’ rights to the High Court, Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court. We have particular expertise in bringing strategic cases which have a wider social impact, often working with charities, NGOs and campaign groups.
You may have concerns about the following issues:
- Eligibility for assessment under the Care Act 2014 and the Children Act 1989
- Eligibility for social care and continuing healthcare
- Disputes about community care and continuing healthcare packages, including funding disputes, cuts and reductions to care packages
- Continuing healthcare disputes and appeals
- Closures of health and social care services, including day centres and health services
- Consultations relating to healthcare and social care, local authority and NHS policies
- Cases relating to the public sector equality duty and the Equality Act 2010
- Local authority and NHS budget cuts
- Personal budgets, personal health budgets and direct payments
- Your rights to medical treatments and procedures
If you’re affected by these or any other issues relating to health and social care, we’re here to help you find a solution.
Want to contact us?
If you would like further information about the services we provide or to contact us about a case, we’re here.